Here's the soundtrack playlist from February 2006. See you all on Monday!
Song / Artist / Movie / RC Member
1. Head Over Heals / Tears for Fears / Donnie Darko / Nick
2. Signed, Sealed, Delivered / Stevie Wonder/ You've Got Mail / Dre
3. One / Aimee Mann / Magnolia / Erin
4. I've Seen It All / Bjork / Dancer in the Dark / Nick
5. The Sound of Silence / Simon & Garfunkel / The Graduate / Rosemary
6. Concrete and Clay / Unit 4 + 2 / Rushmore / Jeff
7. Jackson / Juaquin Phoenix & Reese Witherspoon / Walk the Line / Darcey
8. It Ain't Me, Babe / Juaquin Phoenix & Reese Witherspoon / Walk the Line / Darcey
9. Just Like Heaven; More Than This / The Jesus & Mary Chain & Bill Murray / Lost in Translation / Veronica
10. The Only Living Boy / Simon & Garfunkel / Garden State / Tanya
11. Epitaph for My Heart / The Magnetic Fields / Pieces of April / Rosemary
12. Kissing You / Desiree / Romeo + Juliet / Jeff
13. I Believe (When I Fall In Love It Will Be Forever) / Stevie Wonder/ High Fidelity / Veronica
14. Anything / SWL / Above the Rim / Dre
15. Lose Yourself (In the Music) / Eminem / 8 Mile / Erin
22 February 2009
17 February 2009
This month's RC meeting will be at 7pm on Monday, Feb. 23rd (same location). This month's theme? Well, in honor of the Oscars, let's make it music from movies. I know we've had a similar theme in the past, so I will post the previous track list so as to avoid any repeat offenders. Let me know if you can make it.
RM and I had a blast at the Lykke Li show. That woman is so adorable and such an energetic performer. I think we were both impressed with the show. Anyway, in the audience was a minor celebrity...one Chris Lowell (see photo) from Private Practice. RM doesn't watch the show, so I made her stare at him until she committed his face to her memory. After making Lowell sufficiently uncomfortable, she had burned his image into her mind. That's all I have to say about that.
13 February 2009
I've been listening to Lykke Li for most of the morning. I'm starting to get excited about this weekend's show at the Filmore. Looks like RM and I will be staying in Oaktown after the show, which rocks because I hate driving home after a Bay Area concert. Somewhere around Fairfield I always start to imagine things -- like creepy figures in the back of white vans. I'm sure some of you can relate. Anyway, it's just not right.
06 February 2009
Flight of the Conchords, "New Zealand's fourth most popular digi-folk paradists," will play the Berkeley Community Theatre on May 25th. Tickets went on sale today. I've never seen their show, but I know the kids go crazy for them!
On Saturday, April 4th Lily Allen crosses the pond to play a show in SF at The Warfield. Allen is touring in support of her latest album; It's Not Me, It's You. Several of us saw Allen when she played at the Crest a couple of years ago and she was amazing. I'd like to see her again, but I'm already planning an April trip to the East Bay to see Band of Horses. That said, if someone were to twist my arm I would go. Anyone care to twist?
Tickets go on sale this Saturday -- no idea how much they cost.