30 March 2009

You Can't Escape My...Private Eyes


This past Saturday I caught Erik Hanson (of the Stragglers) at Luna's Cafe. Erik played a couple solo songs and also got some help from his little sis, Jeannie Howell, and former Cassidys bandmate Joe Carlson. Let me just say that when Erik and Jeannie sing together their voices melt like butter - it's smooth and beautiful. The set included a few new, Carl Sagan-inspired songs as well as covers of "Girlfriend in a Coma" and "Private Eyes" -- despite the handwritten sign reading "no covers" hanging near the stage.

I wasn't really into the second act (a folk singer from Ithaca, NY)...so I spent most of the remainder of the show chatting it up outside with Erin & Jeannie. I did catch the last song of Ruebi Freyja's set, a wonderful cover of "Shake Sugaree."

3 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind that I stole one of your FB photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to find your blog. Had fun chatting with you and Erin. Hope to run into you gals again soon. xoJ

    ReplyDelete